Student Handbook and Roster
Student Handbook All students receive The Student Handbook, which serves as a comprehensive guide for completing their PhD within the guidelines that the Institute has developed since its beginning in 1974. The information segments include:
- The educational and research philosophy of the Institute
- The structure of The Sanville Institute
- General policies: admissions, credit for prior learning, time limits in pursuing a degree
- Financial aid, scholarships, and academic prizes
- Educational format and program components: educational committee, mentoring, academic consulting, faculty and colloquia, trimester writing requirements and the clinical practicum.
- Development of the individual educational plan: getting started in the program, preparing and completing the educational plan, constructing the syllabus for the plan, and the process of final approval.
- A summary and schedule of academic credits needed for degree completion
- Information on graduation
- General information about the curriculum
Student Roster Each quarter a student roster is compiled by the administrative staff which includes contact information for the student body, faculty, and alumni. The roster allows students and faculty to continue the dialogue that highlights each quarters’s colloquium.